Today was the second instalment of the Siege Studios painting course. Yesterday was intense, today was just as good. We started the day by working on the doors we started yesterday. Today we added battle damaging, weathering and scratches using some of the techniques we learned yesterday. Mine ended up looking like this:
Some of the scratches are too wide, and the battle shapes a bit cartoony, but these are areas I can work on over the next few weeks. I also sprayed the bottom with seraphim sepia at the bottom for wear as well. Pleased with this to say the least.
We also worked on flesh – faces to be specific. The skin was already sprayed on using the technique we were shown yesterday. We were shown recess shading and how to make skin look realistic rather than clown-like. It was an intense concentration moment, but it was worth the effort:
Again, there are plenty of spots that need improving, but I’m so pleased with how it turned out.
I’m going to have a lot of points to practice over the coming weeks and months and things can only get better. I’m very excited to get started and try out a whole host of awesome things.
For now though, I’m going to rest and let it all sink in!