miniatures.

An Experiment in Drybrushing

The other day, I watched a video online by Artis Opus. I don’t usually watch videos at all but this one was on and it drew my attention. They talked about using neon paints to create bright, vibrant effects on buildings and I thought it was rather interesting. I liked the lighting effect and wondered if I coould give it a go.

I didn’t have any scenery undercoated or ready, but I did have the bird in a tree thing I made a few weeks ago in another experiment. I grabbed the colours, which I happened to have in the house anyway and got to playing around with the idea.

I followed the tutorial roughly from memory, adding my own thoughts in as I went along and I was pleased with the result:

Now, I know this is not a building, but I followed the ideas as best as I could. I want to try and experiment with other neon colours, and I have some other miniatures that I can do it with. I like the technique, and I will also be trying it on some buildings in the near future!

One thought on “An Experiment in Drybrushing

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s