miniatures.

Dante.

I finished Dante today, after what seems like forever. When I picked him out of the second hand box he came in, I decided he would be a great opportunity to try a brighter version of Non-Metallic Metals than I have done in the past. Here he is in all his finished glory:

IMG_E4130IMG_E4131IMG_E4132IMG_E4133IMG_4134IMG_4135IMG_4136

Thoughts on Non-Metallic metals then. I like how much brighter the paints I used turned out. It was difficult half way through because it looked awful but pressing through and using the yellow really brought it out. The blue blends on the axe look super smooth and I really like how the lightning looks as though it is dancing over the blade rather than just stuck on.

Improvement points: I need to make the lighter sections larger, I feel the mini is still rather dark in places. I could use smoothing out the blends as well to make the transitions better. This shows particularly on the larger, flat areas. Silver spots remain a sticking point but this will get better with time.

The base needs a touch up.

All in all though, this has been a great learning process and I have some ways forward for myself. I am pleased with him and he will soon join his brothers in the cabinet!