It is the Hull GT on Saturday and Sunday this week, and although I will not be playing, Dave will. Half of the miniatures he needs for his list are painted, half are not. Today, I have painted a good number of miniatures in order to ensure they are ready. The rule is they have to have a minimum of three colours on them and be based. So given the number of bits that needed work, I have stuck to that criteria as much as I can.
Here is a picture of what I was to work on that I took this morning:
First thing I did was look at the sorcerer lord – he was a mess and most of the paint scratched straight off. The resin staff hadn’t been washed so the undercoat chipped away with ease. I binned him off and replaced him with a Scarab Occult Terminator that I had in the cabinet. He is half way finished – pictures of him tomorrow when he is all done.
The pinks needed finished off, and five more of them fully painting. This took a long time, there is a lot of silver bracelets on them and that took a long time to pick out and get looking acceptable. I managed though, so 25 of them are now done and battle ready:
I then worked on 4 Blue Horrors, which had been undercoated with the contrast spray. This was a new venture! I used contrast paint on them and it took longer for the paint to dry than it did to actually paint the miniatures. I am not yet convinced about them, I will need to find some time to have a play around and see what they can do properly. The idea of working from light to dark colours seems odd and they behave in a very different way to regular colours. Still, for a first attempt, I think they are ok. They needed to be done quickly so I can think about other miniatures in the force as well so it served that purpose well. Here they are:
Still to do in the list:
Scarab Occult Terminator Lord
Thousand Sons Demon Prince
Finish a plague bearer leader guy
Whatever else Dave throws at me between now and Friday night…
Wish me luck friends, I feel I may need it.