I didn’t manage to get the Khorne Berzerker unit finished yesterday, so I finished them off today. I have to say that I am not keen on the sculpts – I think that the posing on them is a bit silly. Some of them look as though they are doing a dance or the conga, which makes them less scary and more laughable. I picked these ones up second hand however and wanted to use them as practice for the airbrush.
I still have a long way to go when it comes to smooth transitions and even covering in regards to the airbrush. I need to work on consistency of the paint too. At times, it came out the airbrush too watery, so I had made it too thin. I don’t want to make it too thick either as than it clogs up the airbrush instead. It is a learning curve however and I know what too thin looks like at least.
When I had finished them, I did get to use liberal amounts of blood for the blood god, which gave them that fighting, gorey look that is associated with Khorne. I am pleased with them for the most part, and I learned a fair bit painting them too.
This is a bit like a weekly ‘to do’ list! These are some of the things I wish to achieve miniature wise in the week ahead, though I am not sure I will get everything done with a planned trip to my folks place! So, in no particular order:
- Khorne Berzerkers. I’ve already base coated them and got them on the right sized bases. Now they need finishing off.
2) Guillliman who is a commission for a friend of mine, and some screamers. I want to try something with different colours on the screamers. Guilliman is already base coated and ready for pin shading and metallics.
3) This Death Jester and the other Eldar guy. They came in a batch of Eldar that was picked up at the Warboot and I think they look interesting, so I will paint them to sell at a later date. Always good to try some different miniatures right?
4) I want to paint this guy to practice on those swords. I believe this is a converted Autarch?
5) This fellow has a banner and is already primed… I’m going to Eldar freehand it and practice gems!
6) And then there is this guy…
I shall be very busy but I am confident I will get at least the first 5 done. The last guy will be an ongoing project as he is rather large. He shall be the reward for painting the others and progress will be slower. I am painting him for myself though, rather than for commission or selling. Either way, it shall be a busy, but fun, week!