I put a poll up on twitter about a miniature swap, which has been recieved with positive vibes. So, I thought I would write a blog post about how it is going to work and what the ‘rules’ are. Here we go:
1) You have to be on twitter – this is open to twitter people only as it will make is far easier for me to manage, rather than me having to check multiple social media platforms.
2) In order to sign up, you need to message me to say you want in and what army you would like a miniature for. EG: Heretic Deb – Black Legion. This will allow me to create a list of who wants what.
3) Miniatures – There is a recommended spend of £20. You can go over this if you wish to do so, this is mean to be a guide so people don’t go crazy!
The miniatures are to be a single character for the person’s army. It can be bought, converted or kitbashed from whatever you have at home. This way, no one is going to end up painting a Reaver Titan and getting a tactical marine in return… For example. The one I did over Christmas for the local games club was for a Space Wolf player. I painted him Krom, who I bought. I recieved a kitbashed Thousand Son Sorcerer who was made from a Storm Cast and several other bits.
I don’t want to limit this to just Games Workshop either, any system goes, so long as it is no more than £20
4) Deadline – to be arranged after I have recieved entries and arranged them.
5) Who paints for who – This will be done at random. I will put each name into a ‘hat’ and work down a list. The only redraws will be if someone gets their own name.
6) Postage of miniatures – We all live miles from one another, so postage should be covered by the person posting the miniatures.
7) Location – This time around, I will only be taking people who are in the UK – this is to keep postage costs the same for everyone and to keep it fair.
8) Discussion – I expect you to talk to one another about what you’re going to paint so there are no duplicates – most of us follow each other by now so this shouldn’t be too difficult!
9) – Have fun?