Naggaroth Nightshade (GW), Stegadon Scale Green (GW), Huldra blue (Scale/Fantasy and Game), Moot Green (GW), Flurescent Yellow (Model colour) and Ivory (model colour). You will also need a dry palette and a good drybrush.
The only technique for painting that this neon green requires is drybrushing.
Step 1: After undercoating your miniature, heavy dry brush the entire miniature in Naggaroth Nightshade – make sure you get into all the cracks and recesses, as this will provide shadows.
Step 2: Drybrush the miniatures with Huldra blue.
Step 3: Drybrush with Stegadon Scale Green:
Step 4: Drybrush with Moot Green. At this point, I started to just do the top part of the miniatures to show that the bugs are in the light, however you could also do the whole miniature if you wanted to.
Step 5: This is where the flurescent paint comes in. It is too transparent to really be used on its own, so mix it with the Moot Green at about 50/50 to start with, then dry brush it onto the miniature
Step 6: Mix the flourescent yellow with the ivory again at about 50/50 and lightly drybrush over the top of the miniatures for the really vibrant green. The lighter you want it, the more ivory you need to add to the mix. The last two steps can be repeated for a brighter effect.
Well now, will you look at that! I painted another box set! This time, it’s the Gellerpox Infected from the Rogue Trader Kill Team box that have been completed. As many of you know, I learned how to use the airbrush over the weekend, and the little bug things in the box set seemed to be the perfect first victims. I also have three shades of nurglesque green that suited the purpose down to the ground. So under the brush they went! It did not take long after that to get them finished. It sped up the process a great deal, I just hope I can apply that to other, less gross miniatures and achieve the same look, if not better!
I have a lot planned for that airbrush and I am making good progress with using it too. On the cards are some Raptors, some Khorne Berserkers and a Primaris Ancient, who is already base coated – more in him tomorrow.
For now, I will leave you with these disgusting creatures and make a start on some other, nicer looking miniature.
If you are interested in purchasing the Kill Team, please feel free to get in touch!
Part of the weekend was spent working on building the miniatures for the diorama I am making for Golden Demon, as you will have seen in one of my other recent updates. After I had put them all on corks to be undercoated, I discovered there was no spray paint in which to do it with. Instead of heading out to get some, I decided to finish off a couple of other miniatures that have been lingering on the table for a while.
The first ones were these lovely looking fellows, who I painted for the husband:
He helped me with the corking so I thought it fair to assist with these two lovely fellows. I am not big on nurgle but he has a sizeable force of daemons and space marines. One of these days I will get to paint Mortarion, maybe when I finish Magnus some time this millennia…
Then I was forced to paint an Ultramarine, which was not the nicest part of the day.
I don’t think Haarken is my best ever work, but I am pleased with how he turned out. He is not a display piece, he is for being used. I am pleased with how the gold looks. I think the edge highlighting could be a bit neater, but maybe I am being overly picky about it.
I love the miniature and the character is shaping up to be really interesting. I’d certainly like to know more about where he came from and what he has done to earn his place. A few friends and I suspect he was once a Night Lord, but this is mere speculation on our part.