miniatures.

Warcry: The Unmade

I wanted to build on what I learned using speed painting, mentioned in the previous post. When I was teaching, we always claimed that a person truly understood what they had learned when they were able to apply something in a different context. So I took the same colour palette and techniques and turned them onto the Unmade Warband I had yet to paint for Warcry.

I admit that I had already airbrushed the pale skintone onto them and washed it purple, but aside from that, they were painted with the same method Midwinter Miniatures used in their videos. Here are the results:

The only changes I have made are the bases, I wanted to use some more cracle red and red sand to make the drab looking miniatures stand out a bit, and the red helmets. Contrast paint over silver looks fantastic I think and so I used Flesh Tearers Red to emphasise their helmets.

All in all, I do like the speed painting technique for models that have a lot of fabric. I am not sure how good it would look on a miniature with a lot of flat surfaces, but I shall try one in the future! These took less than 6 hours to do, which is a lot quicker than I would have done them using my usual method!