40K · Age of Sigmar · miniatures.

Lord of Change

I finished the Lord of Change today and I am glad I did so. I am glad to get the miniature off the table and into the cabinet so I no longer have to look at it. Not because the miniature is terrible, I just lost enthusiasm for it and wanted it done.

I started off using the airbrush to base coat it and try the blending on the wings. I have tried to use a mainly blue/green/yellow colour palette for the miniature, and I think this worked out well. I am especially pleased with the colour over the silver – watered down contrast paint – on the wings and the head of the staff:

I am not too thrilled with how the gold has turned out, but don’t think it looks awful. I’m glad to call the project done, and all in all, it’s not too bad. I did learn from it and that is the important part!

miniatures. · painting

Tzeentch Demons, Contrast paints and speed!

It is the Hull GT on Saturday and Sunday this week, and although I will not be playing, Dave will. Half of the miniatures he needs for his list are painted, half are not. Today, I have painted a good number of miniatures in order to ensure they are ready. The rule is they have to have a minimum of three colours on them and be based. So given the number of bits that needed work, I have stuck to that criteria as much as I can.

Here is a picture of what I was to work on that I took this morning:

IMG_2260

First thing I did was look at the sorcerer lord – he was a mess and most of the paint scratched straight off. The resin staff hadn’t been washed so the undercoat chipped away with ease. I binned him off and replaced him with a Scarab Occult Terminator that I had in the cabinet. He is half way finished – pictures of him tomorrow when he is all done.

The pinks needed finished off, and five more of them fully painting. This took a long time, there is a lot of silver bracelets on them and that took a long time to pick out and get looking acceptable. I managed though, so 25 of them are now done and battle ready:

IMG_2267IMG_2268 (2)IMG_2269 (2)

I then worked on 4 Blue Horrors, which had been undercoated with the contrast spray. This was a new venture! I used contrast paint on them and it took longer for the paint to dry than it did to actually paint the miniatures. I am not yet convinced about them, I will need to find some time to have a play around and see what they can do properly. The idea of working from light to dark colours seems odd and they behave in a very different way to regular colours. Still, for a first attempt, I think they are ok. They needed to be done quickly so I can think about other miniatures in the force as well so it served that purpose well. Here they are:

IMG_2265 (2)

Still to do in the list:

Scarab Occult Terminator Lord

Thousand Sons Demon Prince

Dreadnought

Finish a plague bearer leader guy

Whatever else Dave throws at me between now and Friday night…

Wish me luck friends, I feel I may need it.