This week I have mostly been working on Death Company. I have finished five of the many Death Company miniatures I have working here. Have a picture montage of these fine, angry men:
What I have really enjoyed about these is not rushing through them. Being able to take my time and get into the details a bit more than I usually would. I am now going to work on a Chaplain friend for them, someone has to keep this rowdy bunch in line.
In other news, the Trailblazer project continues to grow and I am finding my enthusiasm for it is too. Go and have a look at the latest – I start to develop a starship, and there are some great bust pictures drawn my Jenn too:
Normally I cannot stand a cheesy pun but that one was too good to resist. So far this month, I have finished three tanks. Two of the Executioners and one of the Repulsors. I wanted to show the different colours I have done, and really to just stand back and be pleased with them. I have discovered that I really enjoy painting vehicles and it doesn’t take a great deal to make them look weathered and worn. Here they are in their battered glory!
I love the kits, and now that I have done several of them, I feel that they do not take a great deal of time to put together. I do need to work on making sure they fit together a bit better so there are no gaps in them though, the front panel is a swine for this. I just need to be a bit more patient.
Having an airbrush to base coat them makes them a lot quicker to paint, and I think using Seraphim Sepia to add the grime to the bottom just adds to the layer of battle damage. It applies really smoothly and although I have tried other washes, I just think this one looks the best!
This is a bit like a weekly ‘to do’ list! These are some of the things I wish to achieve miniature wise in the week ahead, though I am not sure I will get everything done with a planned trip to my folks place! So, in no particular order:
Khorne Berzerkers. I’ve already base coated them and got them on the right sized bases. Now they need finishing off.
2) Guillliman who is a commission for a friend of mine, and some screamers. I want to try something with different colours on the screamers. Guilliman is already base coated and ready for pin shading and metallics.
3) This Death Jester and the other Eldar guy. They came in a batch of Eldar that was picked up at the Warboot and I think they look interesting, so I will paint them to sell at a later date. Always good to try some different miniatures right?
4) I want to paint this guy to practice on those swords. I believe this is a converted Autarch?
5) This fellow has a banner and is already primed… I’m going to Eldar freehand it and practice gems!
6) And then there is this guy…
I shall be very busy but I am confident I will get at least the first 5 done. The last guy will be an ongoing project as he is rather large. He shall be the reward for painting the others and progress will be slower. I am painting him for myself though, rather than for commission or selling. Either way, it shall be a busy, but fun, week!